Monday, July 20, 2009

Great Customer Service

These days, I spend less and less time at stores. The convenience of ordering over the net is just too convenient. Why not just order everything online and be done?

If it weren't for good old grocery stores, the entire customer experience would be dead for me. So, last week, I was on my way to purchase the weekly goodies and came across a King Ranch at Tropicana and Eastern. It's really tough finding good hispanic foods in this town, so I pulled in and ran inside.

As a foodie, I get pretty excited about good food. As a starving student, I get REALLY excited about good food cheap! I found jalapenos on sale 2 pounds for .99! I nearly wept. Mexican produce is good and cheap. Forty dollars later, I was checked out by a very nice young man.

As the person behind me began her checkout process, I realized that the $3.50 special priced olive oil had actually rung up at $8.99. Though I'm not one to make a big issue of things, $5.00 is $5.00. So I waited as the customer was checked out and pointed out the error. My clerk handled it like a pro. He went to the oils aisle and saw that indeed my item was on sale. He came back to the register, apologized like a gentleman and handed me the difference. I was elated!

King Ranch, you have definitely become my new favorite grocery store!

0 comments:

Post a Comment