Thursday, July 23, 2009

Me as the Consumer, week 2 EOC

I’m a 32 year old Hispanic woman. I am a Generation X child. I don’t make a lot of money at this point in my life, but there are certain things I will spring for. I am an artist and a designer. I like to cook, mostly, I like to feed people. My kitchen is a work of art. Herbs grow in the window to be added to stir fries and any rice concoction I have brewing.
I don’t spend much on “frilly” items like CDs or music credits on I-Tunes, but I have an amazing blender in my kitchen, that thing will whip up some hummus before you can get the pita bread out of the pantry! I own a Champion juicer that’s great for much more than just juice; I make amazing pates from walnuts and sunflower seeds. I own an Excalibur dehydrator which comes in handy when there’s a camping trip in the near future. I shop at several grocery stores on a weekly basis, ever on the hunt for good produce. I guess from this, you would deduce that I’m kind of a “foodie”.

Like most people, I fancy myself an individual. My clothes are usually second-hand items, though I will spend my hard-earned cash on a good pair of comfortable shoes. I just can’t sacrifice comfort for appearance anymore; I’ll leave that to the 22-year olds. I have dreadlocks, no monthly visits to the salon for me. I have an essential oil habit, though; I make bath salts, soaps and fragrances for bodies or dreadlocks or rooms. I guess you could say I’m a hippie. I live in the suburbs and drive a five year old car. I will drive that thing into the ground, you better believe it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment