Thursday, September 3, 2009

EOC Wk 8

I'm very excited about my final project for this class. I had originally pitched the idea for holiday vodka; the name of the brand is St. Nick's Spirits. Truthfully, there is no holiday beverage aside from eggnog which most people don’t particularly enjoy, not to mention, is incredibly caloric. All that holiday food and 8 grams of fat per serving doesn’t go over too well when it’s time to dress up for the holiday parties!

St. Nick's is a seasonal brand offering the festive flavors of the season. The flavors are Snowman, Gingerbread Man and Sugar Plum Fairy. These will be offered as stand-alone items as well as in a holiday gift set. Spin off products will include drink recipe cards and "candy sugar" for rolling martini glasses in.

So far, I've done a lot of research on the visual side of vodka and spirits. I've created a logo and picked a color palette for the brand. I'm also nearly done with the label design for the bottles, but can’t decide whether or not I want custom-shaped bottles or not. More on that soon.

Finally, I've organized a task list of what I'd like to include in my marketing package and I think at this point it will include print as well as web advertising. Magazine/newspaper ads, billboards, holiday end caps with a life size character cut outs and cab signs are ideas I have been stewing over and plan to take from my sketchpad to the computer very soon. I will be creating a custom myspace for the brand as well as Twitter, a blog and a website. I will have those accounts in place by the weekend. Then it’s time to code!

0 comments:

Post a Comment