Thursday, September 17, 2009

Wk 10 EOC

I'm loyal to Starbucks

I've been a coffee drinker for most of my life. I have frequented Starbucks for years, not because their coffee is the best around, but because of the convenience, some stores are open 24/7. As a freelance web designer and student, my hours are erratic, to say the very least.

Usually, I make coffee in my french press at home. It's quick, convenient and much cheaper than buying a cup of joe Starbucks style. Here's the thing, though, sometimes, I need outta my house in a bad way. A trip to the Eastern/Pebble Starbucks can be just the thing to snap me out of a creative funk sometimes.

I think that at this point in the game, I'm well-beyond coffee having much of an effect on my physiology, I think I might drink too much of it, but it isn't just about the coffee. For me, it's the much needed time away from my computer's glowing face, the drive and ultimately, that hot cup of comfort, albeit brief.

Starbucks is a socially responsible company and they make no bones about marketing those facts. I've known quite a few Starbucks employees in my time and they know how to treat their own. They offer competitive wages, opportunities to grow with the company and a pretty nice work environment, so I feel good about supporting my neighborhood Starbucks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment